Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are some of the benefits of a self care practice?
- pain relief
- performance enhancement
- improve posture
- balance strength and flexibility
- create healthy movement habits
- heal injury
- shift your perspective of life
- move mindfully
- mood regulation
- increase energy
- mental clarity and focus
- reduce stress and anxiety
- improve coordination and balance
- restful sleep
2. Are there specific injuries and conditions that you address?
My specialties include preparing for and recovering from:
- joint replacement
- breast surgery
- tummy surgery
Some of the conditions that I address include:
- frozen shoulder
- thoracic outlet syndrome
- poor posture
- plantar fasciitis
3. What is your teaching style?
My teaching style is informative, enthusiastic and often humorous. I provide a safe and supportive space for my students by teaching with clear and precise instruction. My classes begin by assessing the needs, abilities, limitations and injuries of the student(s) and developing instruction around those needs.
4. What types of students do you teach?
My students include people of all ages, body types, lifestyles and fitness levels.
5. What will your students learn from you?
In my therapeutic Yoga Tune Up® classes, hatha, vinyasa, restorative and meditation classes, students learn how philosophy, science, breath and embodiment weave together, facilitating new awareness. Through therapeutic self-massage, yoga therapy and posture mechanics, they will become aware of the way they move, stand, and connect with their bodies. Students learn to self-identify and treat places in their body that are “stuck,” so they can heal from imbalance, injury and/or pain.
6. Who/what has influenced your teaching?
Jill Miller, Dr. Kelly Starrett, Dr. Gil Hedley, Katy Bowman, Jules Mitchell, Trina Altman, Daniel Stewart, Sigrid Matthews, Leslie Kaminoff, Claire Hartley, Sarah Court and Feldenkrais Method.